The MDU Challenge: Attracting Residents and Retaining Them
- Property owners constantly try to attract residents and retain them.
- Resident churn reduces revenue by increasing the competition between property owners.
- Property owners need a competitive differentiator to win residents and maintain lease/renewel rates.
- Must-have amenities such as high-speed, reliable internet service can make the difference!
What Are Residents Looking For?
- Phone Service
- Wi-Fi | W-Fi is the "4th Utility"
But "Bring Your Own Wi-Fi" Doesn't Work
- In an MDU Setting, Individual Wi-Fi poses several challenges:
- Interference (service disruptions)
- Poor Performance (lower throughput)
- Resident Expense (a "tax" on top of the rent)
- Security Risks (a resident may not implement proper security, enabling bad actors within the MDU)
What Is The Solution? Bulk Wi-Fi!
- Shared access to keep individual costs down.
- Unified Network to mitigate interference, ensure performance, and protect the network throughout a property.
- Bandwidth Preset by property owners to ensure great Wi-Fi for emailing, tweeting, gaming, movies and more.
- 8+ Devices connect to the internet from the average home; that number multiplies exponentially in an MDU setting.
- 40% or more of consumers regularly use video chat and VOIP at home.
Demands On The Network Are Increasing
- Almost 30 billion IoT devices by 2020.
- Emergence of social networking.
- Mobility explosion.
- Growth of network endpoints.
- 5 devices per person by 2018.
- Supporting new services and applications.
- IDC expects that by the end of 2019, more than 25% of US households will not subscribe to a traditional pay TV service, opting for an over-the-top IP application.
Bulk Wi-Fi Benefits Property Owners by...
- Delivering the connected lifestyle residents crave.
- Improving the experiance of their residents by lowering networ connectivity costs.
- Creating a competitive advantage thus improving the MDUs occupancy rates.
- Providing a powerful sales promotion tool to attract residents.